Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 things about me

so I've received this forward a bit and here are mine:


1. I want to start a business that sells quotidian things (cosas cotidianas), like food, clothing, cleaning products, what you need to live, basically. I imagine it like the old almacenes from the 1800s and beginning of the 1900s. Really good quality products, being as close to the source as possible, polluting as little as possible, as thrifty as possible. Clothing that lasts 20 years. Perhaps I'll eventually put myself out of business, because people won't have to buy any more clothing.

2. I perhaps will learn from the indigenous people, like for example, the Incas were masters at making fabrics. (White) people used to make there own clothing too, in the United States.
President John Adams sported homespun threads.

3. Estoy peinando la muñeca con el tema este. Se los juro. Llevo 5 años pensando en esto. He pelado harto cable ya. Asi que cambiamos el tema. jajajaja, o intentamos...

4. I have sooooooooooooooooooo many business ideas and writing ideas, I could give them away. My aunt just told me the other day that Jack Londan gave story ideas to F. Scott Fitzgerald.

5. I can tell I'm a writer because I could never decided what I wanted to study...in college I took some RANDOM classes including C++ computer programing. I wish I would have known then that my interest was more experiential, than applicable. Duh. I almost bombed the dang class. And I love doing things for the experience of it, if for nothing else: trying out weevil-filled oatmeal, for example. YUCK! I didn't know there were weevils (little grain beetles) when I bought it. Cutting costs can be risky sometimes. I bought the oatmeal wholesale, for half the price per kilo as they sell in the supermarket where I shop. Probably won't do that again...but you never know!

6. I wish the gym I recently enrolled in had a hip-hop class. I would like to be part of a hip-hop troop some day.

7. I want a garden.

8. And fruit trees.

9. I have pastoral dreams.

10. Because I'm from a small town.

11. I think weed should be legal to grow for personal use. And hemp too.

12. Reading the book "Rich dad, poor dad" has almost made me go conservative (republican). The only bastion of right-wing thought I cling to as truth is the idea that education should be free for all, and food too - for those who study. Okay, so, I'm still a democrat, never so mean, but mostly because I think there are so many soul-less business people in this world who take advantage of workers and have no sense of ethics. It's sickening. All they think about is money, the dumbfucks. Could we be a little more creative please? And maybe enjoy ourselves now and then? Rather than chasing the buck non-stop...all the time. Until you die.

13. I'm writing an EFL book specifically for teaching English in Chile...we'll see if I ever finish.



14. If I had a restaurant in my home town, I would have “fictional things” on the menú…(to make it a bit more literary.) For example, The Up-North Roll: a sushi roll with walleye and raspberries, rolled in wild rice and drizzled with a mix of soy sauce and maple syrup. hahahahahahahaha. And the best part is that I might even try to make it.



15. I could also have a crappie roll and a Northern roll. eeewwww. I only say eeewww, because supposedly Northern tastes nasty, though I’ve never tried it.



16. I want to go home.



17. And have a huge pumpkin patch.



18. And prepare venison cazuela, with deer my brothers have shot, and pumpkin from my patch.



19. And start a blues band.



20. with Vuko on lead guitar.



21. I’d be on piano and vocals.



22. I’d have to take voice lessons again.



23. I like singing.



24. I dream about babies alot.



25. I refuse to believe my biological clock is ticking.



26. No, we aren’t planning on having a baby any time soon, so stop asking. or don't.





9 comments:

Poofbegone said...

wait a minute... aren't weed and hemp the same thing? or is hemp the male plant and the kind that you smoke the female? when i lived in the states, the local food co-op sold toasted hemp seeds. You can sprinkle them on salad and such.

Maeskizzle said...

yeah, weed is female and hemp is male. That's what I've been told anyway. As far as I know, it's illegal to grow either in the States. That's what this Canadian guy told me anyway. He went to college in the States and talked of starting a business that sold hemp toilet paper. hahaha. I think that'd be great. I imagine you'd have to buy the hemp from Mexico though.

Amanda said...

I have pastoral dreams, too.

Anonymous said...

#14 sounds yummy. When you make it, I will totally come over and eat it with you. This of course might be easier if we go back to living in the same country.

Also, glad to hear that I am not the only one in the group of bloggers who is without children but desperately dreams of having them someday. someday. someday.

My parents asked tonight what my children's last name would be. They then asked what mine would be. They don't ask if we are having them yet because 1- they think we are too broke and 2- Seba is in Chile and I am in the US right now.

Isabel said...

amen to the pumpkin patch and weed/hemp growing. Also, i'm not sure if you saw the chilespouse email about the new hip-hop dance classes because i'm sooo interested in them depending on the $$$. i'll check into it...

Maeskizzle said...

Okay Clare, you're on. This will have to be when we are both in the States. I think it will have to be a hot roll because I'm not sure you can eat freshwater fish raw.

Yeah, Isabel, I saw that. Thanks for asking. I would've gone to the free class, but I had other plans that day. But it's like 14.000 a month. I checked it out. For one class a week. Kind of expensive. I'm going to recommend to my gym that they offer it. If not, hip-hop might have to wait for me.

Shannon. said...

I want to try the up north roll I wont eat it if the fish is raw though!!
and northern does taste good, it is best if you eat it right away instead of freezing it or have it pickled mmmm.

Maeskizzle said...

okay, looks like I'll have to make the up-North roll someday. hahaha. I'll take a photo and post it on my blog.

Shannon, so you've tried northern? I'm so going to try it when I go home. I don't know about pickling it though... but if I were offered this, I might try it.

Going home is going to be such a kick in the pants, except for all the people and things I will miss here. 50%fun/50% suck. hehehe

Sara said...

A walleye or crappie roll? LOL! I might not order that, but I know a lot of Minnesotans who might be willing to try sushi because of that!
Oh, dreaming of babies does not necessarily mean that you want to have one or that you will have one. Look for a good dream dictionary (many are subject to the culture where it was written) and sometimes they say that dreaming of a baby means someone might die and dreaming of death means that someone might have a baby. It sort of depends on how close you are to the baby in the dream.
The only thing I'm not for it the legalizing weed and hemp because I'm one of those weird people who thinks it messes up your aura.