Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jacques Torres ate my heart out!!

So the brownies aren't even done yet. But they smell so good I think I'm going to faint. The batter was spectacular! And actually the brownie mix is reasonably priced at $12.95 (that is if you live near the store...I got it as a gift from my mommy). They should import this brownie mix!!!! Specifically for the American expat community here in Chilito. It would sell like soy sauce does in China, like vino bigoteado in the Plaza Echaurren. Eeewww! Okay, I grossed myself out. I think I just ruined the post.

Now that the brownies are almost ready, and have a REALLY SHORT life expectancy, poor things, here, I figure out how to plagiarize this recipe.

Me, on the chocolate business:
Okay, so included in the brownie mix was 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) of REALLY good chocolate. Here in Chile, that runs me 4.500 pesos ($7.25)-at the grocery store. The mix costs $12.95. I think that leaves it clear that Torres isn't making money off selling brownie mix. He's making it selling chocolate, and, perhaps off these hummers. I would love getting into this industry. You need to cut out the middle man and get to the source. Check out this article which I have already posted, but I'm posting it again.

3 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

This post is making my mouth WATER. I think I can smell your brownies all the way over here. Oh wait, that's just my gringo-food crazed brown wishing.

Maeskizzle said...

I might start selling brownie mix soon, if you're interested. jejeje. perhaps I'll test out my plagarized Jacque Torres recipe at the next gringa get-together. jejeje

Sara said...

I need to bake more. It sounds yummy. Hey do you think I could ask you some questions about how you got the visa? I feel like I'm alone in figuring out this information because I don't think anyone else I'm wokring with has done it before. It's so frustrating. My email is sarbk86@yahoo.com